I took the plunge this past weekend and did my spring cleaning. There is always a fresh, calming feeling when spring is right around the corner. Four trash bags later, I felt I had finally made progress on my always exploding closet and chair. You know what I am talking about. We all have that one chair that becomes an extra closet because putting clothes back where they belong just seems too hard some days.
Moving forward, I am trying to focus on classic pieces, and that is where Banana Republic stepped in. I have teamed up with them for their “What Moves Us” campaign to share my five classic pieces for spring. I have been on-the-go a lot lately between work, after-work events, dinner dates and weekend travel. As much as I love trendy pieces, I need pieces that will take me from one event to the next.
- This leather bag is a must have. It is the perfect transition bag from day-to-night and it large enough to fit my laptop. Bonus points!
- LBT (little back top). If you don’t have a go-to black top, you need one. I love the option of belting this top if you want a more fitted look.
- Flared denim is back and here to stay.
- Don’t be afraid to add an extra layer! If you aren’t one for a leather jacket, add a printed blazer. It is a great piece that will constantly be on repeat.
- Suede for spring? Yes please! A suede bootie is shoe addition you didn’t know you needed.
Bag | c/o Banana Republic, here (larger option here)
Denim | Hudson (love this cropped pair)